Wednesday 5 November 2014

Where my video may feature:


In order for my audience to have access to my video, I need to look at sites which have easy access. For this I looked for sites in which enable sharing, such as social networking sites this will ensure that more people see the video and encourage things such as sharing, liking and commenting (Web 2.0).
When researching I found that the following are popular sites in which all allow video's.
-Youtube
-Instagram
-Tumblr
-Facebook

-Twitter


When looking upon the websites I found that Youtube would be the best place to upload my video. When looking at youtube I decided to look for some statistic in order to ensure that it was the best place to upload my music video.:

From this it states that there are more than 1 Billion users on YouTube each month, with over 6 billion hours of videos watched each month.
This for me backed up that YouTube would allow my video to reach a wide audience, allowing me to also recieve audience feedback through likes and comments. Another good promotional tool which is easily accessible on YouTube is the ability to share the link on various social networks as well as embed the link to a website.

In order to promote my music video as listed previously I looked at the social networking sites: 


-Instagram
-Tumblr

-Facebook

-Twitter
 For this I decided again to do a bit of research on how active the networking sites are.
Firstly I decided to look at Facebook, from this I found that:
 -worldwide there are over 1.35 billion monthly active Facebook users which has had a 14% increase year over year  (Source: Facebook as of 10/28/14). 

-864 million people log onto Facebook daily, which represents a 19% increase year over year (Source: Facebook as 10/28/14). 

-There are 1.12 billion mobile active users (Source: Facebook as 10/28/14) which is an increase of 29% year over year.

-Every 60 seconds on Facebook: 510 comments are posted, 293,000 statuses are updated, and 136,000 photos are uploaded. (Source: The Social Skinny)



From this information I found that Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites and has alot of mobile users this is helpful in showing technological convergence which allows portability meaning that my audience can access my video wherever whenever making it convenient to them. This also allows Peer2Peer sharing meaning that my audience can share the product with friends etc. Allowing  a mass audience to see my product.

I believe Facebook will be a great place to promote my product and will help to distribute my ancillary texts as well as my music video.

Next I looked at Instagram, I found that instagram wouldn't be good to promote my music video due to the fact that it only allows you to upload 15 second clips however it would be good to upload and promote my ancillary texts as well as make a " flipagram" ( A quick flick through of images creating a short video) of my music video to upload and share. 
When researching I found that:
- Over 200million monthly active users are on instagram
-There are over 75 million daily users
- And from December 2013-May 2014 the mobile app users increases to 25%

Next I looked at Tumblr I found that this again would be a good place to promote my ancillary texts as well as my music video, this allows you to upload a video through YouTube again backing up why YouTube is a good place to upload my video. 
When researching I also found:
- There are 194.6 million Tumblr Blogs
- With 199.1 million Monthly Tumblr Users (Global)
- With 113.6 million post per day.
This shows how tumblr is a popular network for blogging and sharing work.

Finally I looked at Twitter due to the fact there is a limit on word count to a post, however this means I can share the link to my video as well as upload my ancillary texts to receive feedback, 
When researching Twitter I found that:
- There are 645,750,000 active twitter users
-58 million tweets a day
- 43% of users use their phone to tweet
- 40% don't tweet but view other peoples tweets
This again backs up that Twitter is a large social network which is great for promotion and will enable me to reach a mass audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment