Thursday 6 November 2014

Advertising my music video

As stated in my previous post the original music video which I am to create will featured on Youtube -  Vevo, just like the original music video along with many other featured music videos of popular artists.

Vevo is a recognised music video it is  global institution owned and operated (in cooporation) by Universal Music Group, Google and Sony Music Entertainment. 

Vevo specializes in the advertising of music videos taken from two of the three major music labels; Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment. Troye Sivan is based as a youtuber who has risen from the bottom he has and does work with EMI (Australia)  (previously the forth label in "the major four" however it has now been sold to Universal Music Group). Since Vevo is interlinked with YouTube as stated previously. YouTube is a global company that operates around the world; advertising many different ranges of music videos from all different kinds of genres. Troye Sivan have advertised his music videos through Vevo on Youtube therefore I think it will an effective way to advertise my music video. Youtube is owned by Google (which, in comparison owns Vevo), 


  Troye sivan  also has used ITunes to  advertise his music. iTunes is a great way to advertise  music because it is open to all different genres, interests and styles of music. As shown on Wikipedia - it was Initially developed by Bill Kincaid, SoundJam MP was soon changed to iTunes when Apple purchased it in 2000. Apple is a global company which is easy access for anyone anywhere around the world. iTunes mainly specializes in music audio rather than music videos however you can watch music video via iTunes and then download them onto your iPhone.

Facebook is as great way to advertise my music video due to the factor that  it is free to advertise. Although my institution is signed to a major music label and they can afford to advertise within big companies; I think Facebook is an extremely effective way to advertise my music video. The images shows the amount of people who use Facebook:

Facebook is extremely popular with teenagers, roughly 13 - 30; this applies to my music video. By advertising on Facebook, I will be primarily advertising my music video at the specific target audience my music video is aimed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment