Monday 15 September 2014

About My Chosen Song & The Artist.

In terms of my chosen song ;"Happy Little Pill" the single is written by Troye Sivan, Brandon Rogers and Tat Tong and sung by Troye Sivan whom is a South African Australian Singer and Songwriter. The song is the second single from his first extended play on a major label. The song was released digitally on 25 July 2014.

In an interview about the new song Troye said that;  "It's about loneliness and the different ways that people cope with the things that are going on in their lives." & "I wrote this song during a bit of a rough time for someone super close to me, and for myself, and it still means as much to me as the day I wrote it."


The music video was released on Troye's Youtube; His music video was directed by Jeremy Koren.





This is the official video of "Happy Little Pill" I found that when watching this video it was difficult to understand the narrative however I found that I have a good Idea and perfect narrative for this video in which is allot different from the official video.

The music genre of this song it pop however the sub-genre is Synthpop (Electropop). Synthpop
is a genre of popular music that first became prominent in the 1980s, features the synthesizer as the dominant musical instrument.

In order to gain more information about Troye Sivan I decide to look upon his own website http://www.troyesivan.com/  from this I found that Troye is very in touch with social media which is great in keeping linked and in touch with his target audience and 'fans' which is a key aspect to celebrity's 

I found that due to the factor that he is particularly popular and isn't really heard about with a small audience  In order to try and gain some more information I found that Troye Sivan has a agent called Emma under the e-mail address 
I have print screened the e-mail that I sent to gain some more information hopefully I will recieve and e-mail back.

Troye Sivan is signed to EMI Music Australia and is also interlinked with Capitol Records.


No comments:

Post a Comment