Wednesday 1 October 2014

Colour Connotations Research;

Due to the fact that my video is based mainly on change in emotions I decided that I would research the connotations to colours. This will help me when deciding on costume choice, back ground colour and prop choice.


From this I learnt that blue would be a good colour to use to portray tranquility and calmness once my actor has taken his "happy pill", It would also be a good colour to portray the fact of depression and loneliness at the start of the video as well as prior to his drug taking.


From this I learnt that red would be a good colour to use to portray the death of my actor. I think that in the shots prior to his death I could have a symbolic read handkerchief or object laying in the background.

From this I learnt that yellow would be a good colour to use to portray the drugs, I think that it would be a good Idea to find yellow pills to portray his "happy pill" due to the fact that it portrays happiness and that the feeling in which my actor is aiming to get from the pills.

From this I learnt that purple would be a good colour to use towards the end of my video, due to the fact that it connotes mourning, it would be good to have purple flowers laid by his grave or even have footage of family and friends scattering his ashes and laying down purple roses.

From this I learnt that black would be a good colour to use to dress my drug dealer in, this will allow the connotations of darkness and danger be portrayed, I think that I may use black and white effects on some shots to show the connotations of the dullness of my actors life which is then brighten and edited into shots that are in colour when his "happy pill" is shown.


From this I learnt that white would be a good colour to have my main actor dressed in most the time throughout the video to portray his innocents and the factors that he doesn't understand what hes doing to himself only that its stopping his pain. As well as it helps to portray how young he is.

From this I learnt that white would be a good colour to have my main actor dressed in when hes in a large crowd as for me it connotes being lost, I think that shots in a grey scale tone will also allow my audience to understand that he sad and emotional.








The website in which I sourced my information on colours was;
http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/1-13-2005-64166.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment