Thursday 16 October 2014

Skill Development - Using Conventions From Real Media Texts

Skill Development - Using Conventions From Real Media Texts

From completing my Foundation Portfolio, I now understand and know the conventions of the front cover, contents page and double page spread of a music magazine. My knowledge of conventions expanded throughout my AS year from the start up until now and will continue to extend, for example, after completing the preliminary task I have realised the importance of using the conventional shot types such as the use of medium close-up for the main image of the magazine cover. 


Before doing my preliminary task I thought any shot type would be acceptable and look effective, but when looking back at it, I can see that it doesn't my college magazine consisted of a long shot which is not conventional to a magazine front cover and this means that it does not look as appealing and professional as it would have done with if I followed conventions such as if I had have used a medium close-up, correct lighting and mise-en-scene.

I have also gained knowledge in relation to other key conventions, such as the layout of my magazine piece, such as my positioning of the masthead, an a selection of a set colour scheme including three colours, including a plug, etc.
In the evaluation of my final product, I had to complete a set of questions in relation to my product, I had to show a clear understanding of 
conventions of each part of the product (front cover, contents page, and double page spread) I had to discuss the conventions I have used and also look at the various aspects which are like a real product as well as improvements I would make.

No comments:

Post a Comment